Franks School of Education
Teachers by Trine
At Franks School of Education we prepare you to be a teacher who touches lives by driving the growth and learning of your students.
We are dedicated to:
- helping you develop and expand your content knowledge;
- helping you develop teaching strategies so children of all ages and abilities learn and grow;
- providing extensive work in the major learning theories;
- providing numerous opportunities in the field to apply those theories into action;
- preparing you as a future teacher who touches the lives and is part of the growth and learning of your future students in the 21st Century.
Our dedicated faculty are former teachers, building and district level administrators, and department chairs, and they know the theory and practice of the education profession. They share that knowledge and their extensive experiences with you to help you become the best professional educator you can be.
Our goal is to perpetuate the teaching profession by shaping future generations of teachers. Given our high job placement rates, we feel confident that we are accomplishing this goal.
Experience the day in the life of an education student:
- Elementary Education (K-6) | Major
- English/Language Arts Education (5-12)* | Major
- Secondary Education – Mathematics (5-12)* | Major
- Secondary Education – Science (5-12)* | Major
- Secondary Education – Social studies (5-12)* | Major
- All-grade Education – Health /Physical Education (P-12) | Major
- Dual Licensure in Elementary Education K-6 and Special Education/Mild Intervention K-6 | Major
- Coaching | Minor
The Ketner School of Business offers a Living Learning Community for first-year women interested in creating a community that provides events and services to support students in their academic and personal growth. Learn more about Living Learning Communities.