Software Engineering Objectives and Outcomes
The Software Engineering program assures that:
- Graduates will exhibit technical excellence and professionalism in their chosen vocations.
- Graduates will continue to grow professionally, personally, and intellectually.
- Graduates will communicate clearly and persuasively with their peers, decision makers, and those whom they lead.
- Graduates will be able to function as integral members of diverse, global, and multifaceted teams.
- Graduates will maintain and promote ethical principles and social responsibilities; they will value diversity and incorporate non-technical perspectives.
As specified by the accrediting body, these engineering programs assure that students will be able to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data ;
- design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability;
- function on multidisciplinary teams;
- identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- demonstrate professional and ethical responsibility;
- communicate effectively;
- use the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- discuss contemporary issues;
- use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, necessary for engineering practice