Campus Health Center
Student Health Center
The Student Heath Center at Trine provides excellent health care and wellness initiatives for students in collaboration with Cameron Hospital. Located in Quest Hall, the health center is staffed with a Nurse Practitioner and/or a Physician Assistant, as well as a certified Medical Assistant. Our medical staff can assess and diagnose health care problems, write prescriptions, perform physical examinations, administer allergy injections, and treat both minor and acute illnesses.
The Student Health Center provides cost-effective health services in a caring and confidential manner. The efficient service at the center allows students to focus on their education with minimal interruptions from illness or injury.
By appointment only.
Health Center Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Phone: (260) 665-4585
Fax: (260) 995-7119
All incoming students are required to have a completed immunization record on file with the Health Center.
In addition to the required immunizations, all incoming international students are required to have a QuantiFERON gold blood TB Test completed in the United States.
All incoming students must submit completed immunization records by the appropriate deadline for their enrollment semester. If you would like to claim an exemption from required immunizations, please fill out the exemption form and return to the Health Center.
General Care Treatment
- Respiratory infections, UTI, fever, colds, ear infections, skin conditions, etc.
- Pre-employment/travel physicals
- Flu Shots
- Administer allergy injections
- General first aid/Wound care
- General medical evaluations and treatment for acute medical problems.
- The care received is not meant to replace or supersede your existing primary care physician.
- Most illnesses chronic in nature are not covered. Some conditions not covered would include diabetes care, chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic arthritis, obstetrics, epilepsy, and chronic neurotic disorders.
- Rapid Strep
- Mono Spot
Minor Emergency Medical Treatment
- Burns, fractures, minor lacerations, sprains, strains, etc.
Women’s Health Care Issues
- Administer Depo-Provera
Primary Care Ancillary Services
- Ordering ancillary imaging tests (i.e. x-ray, MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, etc.) including all extremities, skull, spine, chest, thoracic, knee, etc.
- Ordering necessary blood work and other lab testing
- Actual tests will be completed off-site for additional charge*
- Minor surgeries include minor laceration repair, incision and drainage of abscesses and cysts, and nail excision
Psychological Screening & Counseling
- Screening is performed by both medical provider and Counseling Services staff.
- Counseling Services offers free counseling sessions throughout the semester.
- Medical Provider writes prescriptions for mild depression on an as needed basis.
- Closely monitored by medical provider, limited doses prescribed, situational and short-term
- All cases of communicable diseases will be reported to Steuben County Health Department or the county in which the patient resides.
- Tuberculosis Maintenance
- Ordering QuantiFERON gold blood TB test for international students
- Following up with necessary health departments and providers for students with positive abnormal results
- Ordering chest x-rays for students with positive abnormal results
- STD awareness and prevention, reproductive health, alcohol/drug/tobacco prevention, nutrition, healthy habits, sleep hygiene, etc.
- For services not offered in the Student Health Center, a list of referral options will be made available to students in order to seek treatment off campus
- Steuben County Health Department, Cameron Urgent Care, Crisis Hotline, Women’s Care Center, Allen County Department of Health
Additional cost associated with listed services below (students responsible for additional charges)
- Laboratory charges
- Ancillary imaging testing
- STD testing
- Referral appointments
When the health center is closed, these services are available in Angola:
Urgent Care of Cameron Hospital
1381 North Wayne Street, Angola, IN 46703
(260) 665-8222 cameronmch.com
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
416 East Maumee Street, Angola, Indiana 46703