Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) 2020
After much consideration of state and national health and safety guidelines, we have decided to host the SOAR dates virtually. Of course, nothing beats a visit to campus, but we have so much exciting information to share with you that we simply do not want to wait! We look forward to hosting you and your family in a virtual manner and hope you leave the day feeling confident as a new member of Trine nation.
These are just a few of the opportunities you and your family will have during our virtual SOAR sessions:
- Meet with your SOAR leader and small group members
- Hear a presentation on Trine’s COVID-19 response and contingent reopening plan directly from Trine’s Dean of Students
- Receive a tutorial to set up your online accounts including Trine email, MyPortal, and Moodle
- Have an individual advising appointment with an academic advisor to go over your class schedule
- Set up one-on-one meetings with Financial Aid, Housing, Academic Support Services, Admission, Billing, and Athletics based on your needs
- Watch our SOAR: Special Edition video where you will hear from all departments on campus, including the Dean of your specific school
SOAR Session selection
Trine will make every reasonable effort to honor your requests; however, space is limited for each session. Therefore, reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
SOAR is for Parents and Guests
Parents and support providers are important resources for students throughout college, particularly during the first year. SOAR allows you to experience Trine in-depth and gain information that can benefit parents and students in the future.
If you have questions regarding SOAR or are unable to attend any session, please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or 800.347.4878.