Trine funds valedictorian or salutatorian scholarships at a value of $2,000 annually (total value of $8,000 over four years). These scholarships are designed to attract the most qualified students to Trine’s freshmen class. It is awarded through the admission process based on class rank indicated on the student's high school transcript.
Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholarships may be “stacked” on top of other Trine academic scholarships/awards not to exceed tuition.
Scholarship Recipient Incentive
Trine Valedictorian/Salutatorian scholars are among a highly select group of freshmen who are officially eligible to live in Trine's premier housing. The Premier Housing provides apartment style living for privacy and quiet study, along with a central living area for group study and entertainment, ample parking spaces in close proximity, security communication boxes and is located within walking distance from all academic buildings, laboratories and library. Each residence is fully equipped with air conditioning, high speed internet access, cable, leather upholstered furniture and custom made mattresses.
- The Premier Housing has limited space; assignments will be made and announced mid-summer.
- Scholars will be assigned to the Premier Housing on a first come basis dependent upon the receipt date of the student's $300 Enrollment Deposit which is refundable until May 1st.
- Premier Housing students are eligible to remain in the residence until their junior year. In their junior year students will be eligible to live in the Townhouse Villas.
- Must apply and be officially admitted to Trine
- GPA: 3.75 minimum (on 4.0 scale
- SAT: 1340 minimum (R+M) or ACT Composite: 30 minimum
- Must continue to maintain full-time student status (minimum 12 credits per semester)
- Must maintain 3.0 grade point average