HAC Media Team
The HAC Media Team is a group of talented students in the Humanities and Communication Department dedicated to producing newsworthy content in the form of articles, podcasts, videos, and more. The HAC Media Team offers students practical, real-life experience in the communication field by exploring skills in writing, conducting source interviews, video production, podcast creation, event coverage, photography, social media management, and more.
The team is responsible for creating social media content and covering events in the Humanities and Communication Department and the larger Jannen School of Arts and Sciences. Students cover annual events, create student, faculty, and alumni spotlights, contribue to the HAC Alumni Newsletter, and more.
Interested in Joining?
Our current staff is looking for interested HAC majors and minors to fulfill the following tasks:
- Interviewing prospective subjects for articles
- Producing podcasts over relevant topics
- Crafting videos
- Managing our social media pages
- Developing error-free copy
- Taking professional-level photographs to accompany stories
- Assisting in the copy editing of submitted articles
- Attending all required departmental events
- Completing all other related projects assigned by the Editor in Chief (video projects, audio projects, etc.)
- Attending all team meetings
Members of the HAC Media Team must fit the following criteria:
- Be in AT LEAST the second semester of their freshman year
- Be a current HAC major, minor, or both
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be able to work collaboratively with others
- Be able to attend a team meeting every week (approximately 1 hour)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a desire to promote the department through frequent upkeep of the website and promotion of departmental events
If you are a HAC major or minor interested in joining the HAC Media Team, please see Professor Sarah Zimmer.