Learn to Skate
Trine University Skating Academy
Thank you for your interest in Trine University Skating Academy. We are partnered with Learn to Skate USA and follow their curriculum. You will be a Learn to Skate USA member by enrolling in the Trine University Skating Academy. More information regarding Learn to Skate USA is be available at learntoskateusa.com.
Classes are $92 per seven-week session+, one class per week (*$108 for Parent and Child class only). Rental skates are included with class cost. Note - Your class fee also pays for your Learn To Skate USA membership.
New classes start January 8.
- Snowplow Sam
- The Snowplow Sam levels are introductory classes divided into four progressive levels allowing children with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating. (Ages 3-6)
- Basic (Beginner) Skills
- Six progressive levels basic Skills teaches the FUNdamentals of ice skating and provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speedskating. (Ages 6 and up)
- Hockey Skating Class
- The Hockey curriculum is designed to teach the fundamentals of hockey skating (no pucks). In four badge levels, skaters will learn how to be more proficient and agile on the ice. (Ages 4 and up. Skating experience required)
- Adult Skating Skills
- The Adult curriculum is designed for beginning skaters to learn basic skills in a group setting to enjoy ice skating recreationally. (Ages 18 and up)
- Note - For those who wish to continue with advanced skills in figure skating, we encourage you to contact Fort Wayne Figure Skating Club.
- Synchronized Skating
- The synchronized skating badge program is a great way to introduce synchronized skating to skaters already taking group lessons.
- Therapeutic Skating
- The Therapeutic Badge Program is designed to help physically challenged skaters develop skills and enhance their skating experience.
- Powerskating for Hockey Players
- Powerskating involves developing power, efficiency and stride development in order to win that race to the puck and improve your hockey game. (Ages 10 and up. Skating experience required.)
- Learn to Play
- Learn the fundamentals of hockey from holding the stick to passing, shooting and positioning. Students should already have a background/experience with skating. A great class for kids interested in joining the youth hockey leagues. This class can be taken at the same time as the Hockey Skating Class. (Ages 4-17. Skating experience required.)
- Get your workout done on the ice with this fun skating class set to music. (Ages 15 and up. Skating experience required.)
Note: Make-up lessons for missed classes are not available. In order to keep the established instructor/student ratios we cannot allow participants to show up at any other time than their registered time.
+Once classes have started, there will be no refunds.
For more information
Youth Hockey Program Director