You Have Questions, We Have Answers.

We know that when it comes to your student account, payment, or refunds it can be overwhelming and may leave you with questions. Browse the topics below to see if you can find the answer you are looking for. If not, simply contact us directly. We're here to help!

My Bill/Student Account

Can I pay my balance in installments?

Monthly payment plans are available through Nelnet Campus Commerce for students who wish to pay their semester costs in installments (available for fall and spring semesters only). Plans are interest free and are available in 6, 5, or 4 monthly installments. There is a $35 enrollment fee. Payments are processed automatically on the 1st or 15th of each month, depending on which date you select. For more information or to enroll, go to or call 800.609.8056.

Why does my bill not reflect any or only a portion of the scholarships, grants, awards or loans that I am expecting?

Excellent question! There could be many reasons why those items are not showing on the bill; however, the Financial Aid Office will be able to answer that question and help you. Please contact them at 260.665.4158 or  (for main campus); or 260.665.4863 or (for TrineOnline).

Can I change my meal plan or my housing?

For questions regarding your meal plan or housing, please contact Housing at

What is the Health and Wellness fee on my bill?

The Health and Wellness fee is mandatory for all undergraduate students, and allows students free office visits and access to wellness programs at our Health Center located on campus throughout the year. There is a physician assistant on duty to perform examinations and prescribe medications, and we now have extended hours to help accomodate students' busy schedules. For additional information, you may contact the Health Center at 260-665-4585.

Refunds and Credit Balances

How do I receive a refund for the credit/excess funds on my account?

Refunds for a credit/excess funds, due to Title IV Federal aid or overpayment, will be processed within 14 days of the funds posted to your student account.

The refund will be processed one of two ways:

Direct Deposit:

This is the easiest and quickest way to receive your refund! All you need to do is submit your direct deposit information on myPortal, and the refund will be sent to the bank account you designate. To submit your direct deposit information: log into myPortal > Student > Student Account Center > Direct Deposit form. *Note: your information will be stored securely in our database; no need to submit again, unless you need to update your information. 


If you do not submit direct deposit information on myPortal, your refund will be processed as a check and mailed to your home address. 

*Note: if you have a credit on your student account, you can purchase books/required supplies at the Bookstore by selecting "financial aid" as the form of payment. 

1098-T tax form

What is this form and how can I access it?

The 1098-T tax form is necessary if you will be claiming the American Opportunity Tax Credit or the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit. The forms are available on myPortal each year by the January 31 deadline (these forms are NOT mailed out, so you must log onto myPortal to access it). For questions about the tax credits, please contact your tax advisor or go to the IRS website and look at Publication 970.

To view and/or print the 1098-T tax form:

  • Login to myPortal > Student tab > click on 1098-T Form Printing (located on the left-hand side)
  • If you have problems logging into myPortal, please contact the Help Desk at 260.665.4275.